The Truss Tool allows you to add a truss to the building model as a standalone element or as part of the roof structure with selected style parameters.
Command location: Building > Truss
Bottom chord cross section middle point
|Center column off
|Center column off/on
cbElev: Central brace height
eH: Overhang of upper frame beams
eB: Overhang of side columns (down)
sbDist: Knee-brace distance (down)
sbAng: Knee-brace angle from vertical
|Trim top/bottom chords
|Divide by vertical webs
symmetrical shapes about the center reference line
|Activating this feature all truss elements will use the same section profile. When deactivated, you can set separate section prifiles for each truss element.
|Click on the button and select the desired section profile from the library.
|Custom reference points
|The reference point for the section profiles can be set in the section profile dialog. This way you can adjust the location of the truss elements within the structure.
Placing a truss
You can set the default parameters of the truss in the truss properties dialog. After the settings are done, place the truss. You can adjust the truss graphically to the roof.
- Enter the properties dialog of the truss.
- Set the 2D representation and the material of the truss.
- Select the type you want to use on the Structure tab.
- Activate or deactivate the extra webs you need for the right structure and set the number to use in the truss.
- Select the right section profiles on the Section profile tab. You can use the same section profile for the whole truss or set different types for the different parts.
- Place the truss in the project. You can both use the 2D drawing or the 3D model.
- In the 3D model you have special tools to adjust the truss to perfectly match the roof planes.
Graphic settings of the truss
- Changes the length of the overhang. The program automatically adjusts both sides with the same value.
- Adjusts the height of the side column.
- Sets an angle for the bottom chord by adjusting this height.
- Changes the width of the truss.
- Changes the slub post height. Changing its value will result in changing the angle of the joining top chord.
- Sets the angle of the top chord. By entering the value you can perfectly match it to the angle of the roof. The program automatically adjusts both sides with the same value.
- Relocates the top chord (rafter) in a perpendicular direction to its direction. The program automatically adjusts both sides with the same value.
- Sets the central brace height here.
- Vertically changes the location of the apex (peak) of the truss. Changing its value will result in changing the angle of the top chords.
- Horizontally changes the location of the apex (peak) of the truss. Changing its value will result in changing the angle of the top chords.
- Sets the reference point when you change the width of the truss by entering a value.