The Windows mouse has 2 or optionally 3 buttons and a scroll wheel. The middle button can also be used effectively in ARCHLine.XP, by pressing it you can move the drawing sheet, and by using the scroll wheel you can zoom in and out of the drawing window, which makes using ARCHLine.XP faster.
You can execute a command by pressing and releasing the left mouse button once in the Ribbon bar or Toolbars.
Example of starting a line command and creating a line:
- Click the Line tool icon for the Ribbon bar - Drafting panel.
- Press and release the left mouse button in the drawing area to specify the first point of the line.
- Drag the cursor and click in the drawing area to specify endpoint for the line.
You use the mouse in the drawing area with simple clicks, not with the click-drag technique. This has significant benefits.
- Work faster.
- It is easier to enter angles and lengths as well as subcommands because you do not have to hold down the mouse button.
Double click with the left mouse button
In ARCHLine.XP® the double click with the mouse is used to modify the properties of the selected item. Quickly press the left mouse button twice in a row by clicking on an item. The item properties dialog box appears. The changes you make here only affect the properties of that item.
By right-clicking, you can access the following functions in ARCHLine.XP:
- Close current command equal to Enter command, or
- Use the selection menu
- Displays the general menu when you clcik on empty drawing area
- Use item-dependent context menus - in the area above an item
Right mouse click setting
Choose File menu - Options - User Interface panel and click Customizing Mouse behaviour - In Selection. Here you can configure the use of the right mouse button.
Article is closed for comments.