Layers are a method of managing the visual layout of a drawing. With the use of layers you can group or separate the objects of the current project according to various aspects. Layers can be turned on and off, and can be unlocked and locked. With the help of these commands you can group the objects of the different layers. The program can handle a total of 32767 layers.
Layers have the following properties:
- Active: New items are always added to the active layer. Only one layer can be active.
- Visibility: on and off.
- Background: unlock and lock (item cannot be selected in locked mode).
- Colour : This feature is active in Layer control mode.
- Line type: This feature is active in Layer control mode.
- Line width: This feature is active in Layer control mode.
- Printable: Printable (on) or not printable (off).
- Description: You can assign a description to layers – special information that is related to the given layer.
The following layer management options are available:
- Layer manager: you can change layer properties, add new layers, delete layers, select the active layer, create filters and variations.
- Move objects to new layer: this tool moves objects from one layer to another, by selecting the destination layer from a dialog.
- Layer walk: displays objects on layers when the layer names are selected in the Layer Walk dialog.
- Change to current layer: you can move the selected objects to the active layer.
- Activate the layer of selected object: the layer of the selected object becomes the active layer.