Perspective view is the art of representing three-dimensional objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other. Of the various representation systems, perspective representation best perceives spatiality, so such images are the most pictorial, the most illustrative.
Activating the perspective view
As default, the program shows the 3D model in axonometric view. There are several ways to change it to perspective view:
- On the Navibar select the eye icon.
- Click on the Ribbon bar > View > Perspective view button.
- Click on the name of the active view and select the New perspective or the Current perspective option.
- Click on the "View 1" button on the lower status bar.
Setting perspective views
It is possible to create preset perspective views, that you can easily select from to create the same images of the model. To set up these views, click on the view name on the status bar. Now the Perspective dialog appears, where you can set the parameters of the views. Whatever changes you make in this dialog, the 3D view of the project shows them in real time.
- This is the top view of the drawing. You can set the display mode of this preview picture with the buttons on the right. You can set the place and size of the perspective view in the horizontal plane and with the slider on the right, you can set the vertical angle. Always set the size of the camera proportional to the drawing. If the camera is too far from the model, the rendered image may lose quality.
If you want to move the camera, press and hold the red button and move the cursor.
If you want to move the camera around an object, move the blue button.
If you want to look around with the camera, move the purple button.
If you want to expand or narrow the viewing angle, move the green buttons.
- Here you can set the height of the camera and the height of the objects. This means you can set the vertical placement of the camera with exact values, the viewing angle too. It is recommended to set Camera Z and Target Z to the same value, since it will give the most realistic result in the rendered image.
- Here you can find the list of the already saved views. To create a new view, click on the green plus icon, to change a previously selected view, click on the save icon.
Changing between perspective views
First activate the 3D view, then click on the button marked in the picture below to open the list of saved views. The views always appear in alphabetic order.
You can also use the up and down arrows to select the previous / next view.