The Push / Pull tool is used to create and transform 3D solids. Use this tool to create 3D solids from 2D contours.
Create a 3D solid
- Click Drawing > Push / Pull on the ribbon menu.
- Click on the surface on which you want to make the change.
- Drag the mouse in the desired direction. You can also type in the desired values while editing the solids to get the exact distances. Negative numbers can also be entered, the sign determines the direction.
- Click when the desired shape is reached.
Creating a breakthrough
- Draw an inner contour on the surface using 2D tools.
- Click inside the contour you just drew.
- Drag the mouse beyond the edge of the surface.
- Click and the breakthrough is created.
The offset command can be used to create a contour with each side at a given distance from the selected surface. All sides are parallel to the original.
- Click any edge of the selected surface. In the ribbon menu, select Loop.
- The offset contour is displayed, which can be moved with the mouse.
- Click and the offset contour, which consists of 2D elements, is created.
Offset command for an edge
- Click any edge of the selected surface.
- The cursor displays the offset edge that can be moved with the mouse.
- Click and the offset edge, which consists of 2D elements, is created.
Material modification is possible on each surface separately
- Select a material in the Design Center.
- Drag and drop it onto any surface.
- Select an architectural element that already has 3D custom shape component assigned.
- In the right-click menu, choose Edit 3D Custom Shape command. In the pop-up dialog, select the operation and press Edit button to change material in the bottom field.