ARCHLine.XP provides many tools to produce PDF files.
These guidelines describes the different methods.
|Export drawing to a PDF with layers||File - Export - PDF|
|Print a view to PDF||File - Print to PDF|
|Print a view to PDF Level B Conformance (PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-1a)||File - Print to PDF|
|Multiple views combined into a single PDF file||File - Print Queue|
1. Resolution - The highest possible resolution of PDF data is 300 dpi.
2. Font - The resolution of the font does not match up to the original font. Consequently, the display of the fonts in the PDF file may differ slightly.
3. 3D Visual Styles - All model view, that have a 3D Visual style are converted to raster images when exported to PDF. As a result, drawing information such as layers is lost.
4. Loss of precision - PDF stores data in single precision numbers, while ARCHLine.xP stores data as double-precision numbers.
5. Printing via Plot method - Drawing information such as layers is lost.
6. PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b - Transparency, texture fill not supported.