For column, beam, slab and ceiling types, it is possible to add cutouts, recesses and attachments.
In the Properties dialog, click on the triple-dot button next to Cutout - Recess - Attachment. The added elements are displayed in a list in the dialog. The currently selected part in the list is highlighted in the preview window for easy identification.
Location: Building - Ceiling - Recess / Attachment
Add a Cutout - Recess - Attachment
- Click on the Insert button to add a Cutout/Recess/Attachment. In the upper left part of the dialog box, a new line will appear with the line number, type, reference plane, profile, width, height and visibility of the added element.
- To define the type of the added element, select from the type field the cutout, recess and attachment.
- Select the reference plane on which you want to apply the Cutout/Recess/Attachment. The bottom plane/top plane/front plane/right plane/rear plane/left reference plane are normally the planes defined by the column's enclosing brick body.
- To modify the Cutout/Recess/Attachment profile, click on the triple-dot button next to the profile name. In the Position Profile dialog box, you can specify the shape, size and reference point of the profile.
- The width and height parameters entered in the Position Profile dialog box are displayed in the Cutout - Recess - Attachment dialog box.
- To define a custom profile, click on the Edit Profil button and customise the profile on the floor plan.
- If you do not want a Cutout/Recess/Attachment to be visible, in the Visibility column, tick the checkbox next to the Invisible text in the corresponding row of the table.
- Set the properties of the selected item:
Start of the Cutout/Recess from the reference plane (>0: out of body). Of course this parameter cannot be specified for breakthroughs.
The depth of the recess/length of the attachment. In the case of an attachment/recess, the profile of the attachment/recess is drawn along a path. The starting point of the path is the starting point of the attachment/recess. The length of the path is equal to the depth of the recess/length of the attachment. Of course, these parameters are not interpretable for cutouts.
Surface material. Specifies the material of the new surface created by the Cutout/Recess/Attachment. To change it, click on the material name or icon.
Closing plane material. Specify the material of the end plane of the recess/attachment. Click on the name or icon of the material to change it. Of course, this parameter is not available for cutouts.
The position of the profile reference point parameter defines the position of the Cutout/Recess/Attachment. The horizontal and vertical distances are relative values defined by the left/center/right and bottom/center/top of the column's enclosing body.
The shape should follow the elevation. When this option is enabled, the slope direction of the Cutout/Recess/Attachment will follow the slope direction of the column.
- Use the Move Up/Move Down/Delete buttons to move items up/down in the list or delete them from the list.
- Use the Rotate/Mirror - X/Mirror - Y buttons to rotate/mirror the Cutout/Recess/Attachment.
Article is closed for comments.