With the KBB tools, you can create furniture that fit in in shape and size. With the Cabinet door, Cabinet and Countertop tools you can create a complete cabinet family with base cabinets and high cabinets, countertops and kitchen accessories.
With the Cabinet door function, you can create the detailed model of cabinet fronts.
Ribbon Bar - Interior – KBB – Cabinet
The structure of the Cabinet dialog is the following:
- On the top of the dialog, you can see the preview of the model.
- On the bottom of the dialog, you can edit the model and define the preview.
Edit and save tabs:
|Sizes to define the general dimensions.|
|Default front and handle.|
|Default delimiting furniture sheets.|
|Default edge properties to define the default edge connection rules.|
|Default drawer, shelf and leg properties.|
|Shape to define conventional or custom shape of the cabinet.|
|Custom properties of the cabinet sides.|
|Custom edge properties to set the edge connection rules of the sides.|
|Dividers to divide the cabinet to create shelves or invisible sections.|
|Doors to the divisions or to the front of the cabinet.|
|Placement of built - in kitchen appliances or other accessories.|
|General settings to define floor-plan representation.|
|Save to object directory.|
Each tab has additional tab (s) for additional editing features.
General enclosure dimensions and heights
You can specify the enclosing dimensions of the furniture on this panel and also define the function of the cabinet.
The Width (a), Depth (b), and Height (c) values are the dimensions of the shape bounded by the outer planes of the body sides. The legs thus determined do not include the legs, the height measured together with the legs is the Total height (d). Closing fronts are not included in the above form. The above form does not include elements (eg handles) placed in front of the front plane of the closing fronts.
With the lock buttons you can define whether the Cabinet height or the Space for legs parameter should follow the change when you modify the Total height parameter. The locked parameter value stays unchanged.
Default front and handle
You can select Cabinet Door or any other object as the default front. On every door, drawer or this front is displayed on a built-in kitchen machine, unless a unique front is specified for that item.
- Door type. This switch becomes visible when a Furniture Front item family is selected as the default front. It allows you to specify which member of a battery family (glazed or solid) should be the default front.
You can select any object as the default handle. On every door, drawer or on a built-in kitchen appliance, this handle is shown, unless you have specified a custom handle for that item.
Default side panel properties
For default side panels you can select a Cabinet door element or any other object. Except with the front, the selected panel appears on each side, except when you specify a custom object at the specific side.
The side panels of the cabinet. If there is no other definition for the Top, Back and Bottom panels, the side panels settings are applied.
If the Apply side panel properties for top panels option is switched off, a different default top panel can be defined. Unless a custom top panel is defined, the default top panel will be applied in each case.
If the Apply side panel properties for back panels option is switched off, a different default back panel can be defined. Unless a custom back panel is defined, the default back panel will be applied in each case.
If the Apply side panel properties for bottom panels option is switched off, a different default bottom panel can be defined. Unless a custom bottom panel is defined, the default bottom panel will be applied in each case.
Default edge connections
Default edge connections between sides can be specified on this panel.
When defining the shape of a cabinet, you can choose from predefined shapes (rectangular, L-shaped corner furniture, pentagonal corner furniture), or you can specify a custom shape.
The rectangular shape is the default.
Corner cabinet shape.
The depth (m) of the corner cabinet can be set with the Box depth value.
Unique shape. As a custom shape, you can select any object that consists of a single 3D body.
Select a custom shape on the Custom Shape tab. (If you want to choose from the default shapes again, you can do so on the Corpus Shape tab.)
If you change the shape of the cabinet for a cabinet with partitions, a question will appear to answer whether you want to keep the existing partitions or create a completely new furniture cabinet without partitions.
Unique body shape
If you have selected the Freely Defined Shape from the options for Corpus Forms, a list of individual shapes will appear.
In the default Custom Shapes list, in addition to the basic shapes that appear, you can add any custom shapes from the object library in the program.
Custom panel properties
On that panel you can set the properties of each cabinet side panel. The cabinet side panels can be selected by either clicking them in the preview window or using the next/previous arrows . The following settings can be made on the selected panel.
Role of side
The role of each side of the cabinet can be set here. The role of a side can be
- front panel (where dividers, drawers, shelves etc. can be created)
- side panel
- top panel
- back panel
- bottom panel (where you can add legs).
The role of a cabinet side determines which default side panel properties should be applied on the side.
The type of furniture panel selected with a dashed red line in the preview is highlighted in the list. To change the type, simply click another tab type in the list.
Use the left and right arrows on the left to scroll through the different pages in the body.
Custom side panel
Here you can set different properties of the selected cabinet side than the default side panel settings.
- Apply the default
When the Apply the default option is on, the custom side panel settings are not available. In that case, the panel properties are based on the default settings. When the Apply the default option is off, you can choose a panel from the available list.
- Hide object
You can switch off the custom panel by the Hide object option. When the Hide object option is off, the selected panel appears on the selected side.
- Use original item side
Using this option, the selected element does not fit to the size of the cabinet but it keeps its original size.
The selected element is tilted to the right or left by its origin to the specified angle.
The selected element rotates to the right or left along the vertical axis through its origin to the specified angle.
Enabling the switch displays a mirrored version of the original of the selected item.
Side view profile
Here you can change the shape (front view profile) of the selected page.
Custom edge settings
On this tab, the edges delimiting the body shape can be set individually. The edges that delimit the shape can be selected in the preview window by clicking on the edge or scrolling. The following settings apply to the selected edge.
|Full overlay – At joining, the surface of the ending of one panel fits to the other panel’s inner surface.|
|Traditional – At joining, the surface of the ending of one panel fits to the other panel’s inner surface..|
|Bevelled edge – At joining the endings of the panels are cut along the bisector of the angle.|
|Custom – Use this joining mode when the joining surfaces of the joining edges are prepared for the correct joining. In that case, both joining panels are represented without any change.|
Here you can create, modify or delete dividers at the front side of the cabinet.
Position of dividers
On that page you can specify the position of dividers inside the cabinet.
Type of dividers – you can select from single horizontal, single vertical, multiple horizontal, multiple vertical and single - division types.
When you apply multiple horizontal or multiple vertical division types, the created shelves will be identical and you can change them as a whole unit.
Shelf / Only division – it is possible to create real shelves (with thickness and material) or logic (without solid) divisions.
Use this joining mode when the joining surfaces of the joining edges are prepared for the correct joining. In that case, both joining panels are represented without any change.
Shelf Only division
Only division, no shelf
For such a solution e.g. it is necessary when designing a lower cabinet in which we want to place a drawer above the part that can be closed with a door - in this case the front must be divided in two by a horizontal division, after which a drawer can be placed in the upper box.
If you have not selected multiple divisions, you can enter the position of the division here. The padlock buttons can be used to influence how the division behaves when changing the size of the furniture: the locked distance value remains the same when changing the size, if neither distance is locked, the ratio of the distance from the two sides remains the same when changing the size.
Divide in the middle
Divide from top to 20 cm
Divide from bottom to 20 cm
- Distribution- if you have selected multiple divisions, you can specify the position of the divisions here.
- Divide on the front - here you can set the distance between the shelves or the size of the fronts in front of the divisions.
|Dividing by shelf spacing: The dimensions used to determine the position or layout are the distances between the shelves. If the distribution is even, the shelf spacing will be the same.|
|Dividing on Front: The dimensions used to determine the position or layout are the dimensions of the fronts in front of the shelves. If the distribution is even, the shelf spacing will not be the same.|
- Align front door edges – fronts in front of the shelves can be aligned to the top, middle or bottom of the shelves. It is also possible to use Custom offset.
|To the top of the shelf|
|To the center line of the shelf|
|To the bottom of the shelf|
|For shelf bottom with positive individual offset|
Here you can set a unique behavior for the selected shelf other than the default setting.
Shelf front view profile
Here you can change the shape (top view profile) of the selected shelf.
Here you can place and modify doors on the front of the furniture. delete.
Ezen a lapon lehet megadni az ajtók nyitását.
- Opening – you can set doors with opening directions to the left or right, flip up, flip down, fix, 2, 3 or 4 sided, sliding, multiple side and bifold doors.
When you create a door with more wings, the created wings will have the same size, you can change them only as a whole.
- Opening right / left – in case of doors with left or right type, you can specify the opening direction.
- Full overlay / traditional
- Opening – the extent of opening can be set here in percentage.
Here you can set the custom properties of the selected cabinet door if it is different from the default.
Here you can choose a handle for the selected door if it is different from the default.
Door front view profile
Here you can change the shape (front view profile) of the selected door.
Here you can place and modify drawers on the front of the furniture. delete.
- Drawer type - you can set with or without front or front. a single account or a group of accounts.
When you create multiple drawers, the drawers will be the same; you can handle them as a whole.
- Distribution – when you choose multiple drawer type, you can specify the allocation of the drawers.
- Full overlay / traditional drawer front
- Opening – the extent of opening can be set here in percentage
If you don’t use custom drawer settings, the default drawer will be applied, where the width and depth values follows the dimensions of the corpus.
On that page you can define custom drawer settings if the default drawer is not applied.
- Gap – the distance between the drawer body and corpus sides, and the distance between the bottom of the drawer body and the divider lines
Amennyiben fronttal rendelkező fiókot használunk, itt lehet beállítani a kiválasztott fiók frontjának alapértelmezett beállítástól eltérő egyedi viselkedését.
If you are using a drawer with a front, you can set the handle to be placed on the selected drawer. The handle can be moved to position 9 of the individual position.
Frontal profile of the drawer front
If you are using an drawer with a front, you can change the shape (front view profile) of the selected account front here.
Built - in kitchen appliances or other accessories
Here you can place, modify or delete kitchen appliances on the front of the furniture.
Kitchen appliance selection
On this tab you can select the kitchen appliances. If you do not use custom settings, the selected object will be positioned by adjusting its width and height to the available space.
- Gap - the kitchen appliance object and the delimiting side panels resp. The distance between the divisions can be set here, below, above or below. page.
Kitchen machine front
Here you can set whether the front is in front of the selected kitchen appliance.
- Front type - you can set the kitchen machine without front or side or side. a built-in machine with doors opening downwards.
- Full overlay / Traditional
- Left / Right – for the Left or Right type fronts you can select between left and right opening directions.
- Opening – the maximum limit of opening angle can be specified here in percentage. 100% stands for 90°.
If you are using a kitchen with a front, you can set a unique behavior for the selected account that is different from the default setting.
If you are using a kitchen with a front, you can set the handle to be placed on the selected drawer here.
Front front view profile
If you are using a kitchen with a front, you can change the shape (front view profile) of the selected front here.
This sheet is for specifying custom furniture legs. You can specify any object as the furniture leg and use the settings to specify how the legs are assigned.
On this tab, you can customize the furniture legs specified on the Default Drawer, Shelf, and Footer tabs.
- With a default setting, the object specified on the Default Drawer, Shelf, and Footer tab and its settings remain in effect. If this option is not turned on, you can specify a custom foot by selecting an object that you can mirror, rotate, and shift as desired relative to the default foot layout.
- When an original size is specified, the object is displayed at its original size, ie not at the specified foot height.
- In case of concealment, it is possible to hide a foot individually.
- Use the left and right arrows to switch between each leg.
Furniture foot layout
On this tab, you can specify the profile at which the legs are located at the corner points.
- In the case of an automatic profile, the shape of the bottom panel of the furniture determines the profile.
- In the case of a custom profile, it is possible to enter or modify a custom profile.
- You can also choose one of your existing library profiles.
- The specified profiles can be resized.
General settings for floor plan representation
This tab is used for general furniture front settings such as linetype, lineweight, color, priority, relative height. To view the floor plan, choose from the 2D Display drop-down menu.
- For a simplified display, a rectangle represents the furniture front on the floor plan.
- In the case of a top view, the top view of the spatial model of the furniture front represents the furniture front on the floor plan.
- When a symbol is displayed, you can select a library group from favorites or existing library items or change the properties of the selected item.
On this tab, you can save the current item you edited with the Save As button, or choose from your favorites or existing library furniture fronts to modify them.a.