The file menu in the LIVE header makes it easy to navigate between different dialogues and functions. Click on the commands with a name and icon to start the desired dialog or function.
- Open the Start screen: click on this button to open the LIVE main screen, where you can access previous projects and various project opening options.
- Open: you can open an existing LIVE project from your computer's library.
- Save the current LIVE project: you can save changes to an opened LIVE project from here.
- Save the current LIVE project in a new file: changes to the opened LIVE project can be saved to a new file, so the original project will not be overwritten.
- Import: you can start importing objects from here.
- Recent LIVE Projects: you can access a list of previously opened LIVE projects and switch between them at the touch of a button.
- Undo: you can undo changes to the project up to 30 steps.
- Redo: you can redo the steps you have undone for up to 30 steps.
- Cut: command to cut elements in the model.
- Copy: command to copy elements in the model.
- Paste: command to place the cut or copied elements.
- Delete object: command to delete selected elements in the model.
- Editor mode: when switched on, you can edit objects, materials and lights in the model.
- Move the selected item: when activated, the selected item can be moved in any direction within the project.
- Rotate the selected item: when activated, the selected element can be moved in any direction within the project.
- Rescale the selected item: when activated, the selected element can be resized in any direction.
- Landscape editor: you can modify the terrain, add water surfaces and roads to your project.
- Edit Weather and Sun position: in the tray at the bottom of the screen, you can set the weather, date and time, light management and the North direction of the project.
- Foliage painter: freely place plants in a given area on any surface in a composition mixed by the program.
- 3D Warehouse: dowlnoad any object from the 3D Warehouse directly into ARCHLine.XP LIVE.
- Library panel: a repository for objects and materials saved in LIVE, as well as a place to manage lights, elements and layers.
- Camera properties: here you can set the camera properties for snapshots individually or for all clips in the case of animations.
- Edit materials: allows you to edit the properties of the material selected in the project.
- Edit lamps & lights: when you activate this function, the icon of all the light sources in the project is displayed, you can edit the properties of the selected light.
- Object properties: you can edit the properties of the object(s) selected in the project. It is also possible to move, rescale and rotate them individually.
- Snapshots & views: you can add or delete snapshots in the tray at the bottom of the screen. Snapshots that appear in the tray are automatically saved to the project directory on your computer.
- Play & edit animations: you can add or delete animation sections in the tray at the bottom of the screen. Use this bar to personalise your animation.
- Panorama 360: take 360° images of rooms and link them together to show an entire apartment in a single file.
- Walk mode: for navigating small-scale projects, you can walk through the terrain from eye level. When switched on, you can navigate the model using the W, A, S, D keys in combination with the mouse. When activated, the control panels are switched off, only the model is visible.
- Fly mode: for navigating in large-scale projects, you can navigate freely in the project at any height. When switched on, you can navigate the model using the W, A, S, D keys in combination with the mouse. When activated, the control panels are switched off, only the model is visible.
- Go to click-point: the camera automatically navigates to the click location in the project with the given camera position.