Print Queue tool allows to print a sheet list to a printer or PDF. You can print the sheet list as one PDF file with multiple pages or you can print it directly to the selected printer. The Print queue list is stored in the project.
You can place all sheets in one step in the Print Queue: Print queue - Improved performance
Combine into a single PDF file
By activating the checkbox, all drawing sheets are printed to a single document in PDF format.
Current job list
The current job list is at the top of the dialog, and it is empty by default. When a printable task is added, it will be listed in this area. A print job has the following properties:
- Printable: you can use the Printable option in the Current job list to enable or disable the printing. When you add a print job to the list, the printable option is enabled by default. If you do not want to print the selected print job, but you want to keep it in the queue just disable this option. When you start the Print command all disabled print jobs will simply be skipped.
- Document: the document field of the selected print job shows the name of the document. You can rename it at any time.
- Printer name: the Printer name shows the name of the printer that will be used to print the selected print job. If you selected the Print to PDF option, you will see the Print to PDF text here.
- Filename: if you want to print into a PDF file, here you can find the name of the file and the path to access.
- Error report: if there is an error you will see the error report message in the Error report field.
The Print preview shows the preview of the selected print job. The quality of the print preview is usually lower than the final result. It only gives information about the position of the printing area.
Print job information
The Print job information list shows information about the selected print job, such as the print size, orientation and scale of the printed drawing.
The Print queue dialog has few controllers, which allow you to modify the print queue by adding or removing a job or changing the execution order.
- Add print job: you can add drawings as a new print job to the print queue by pressing the Add print job button.
- Remove print job: select the document you want to remove from the Print Queue and press Delete.
- Print job details: the Print job details button allows you to modify details of the currently selected print job such as: Paper size, printer, orientation, and scaling or pen settings.
- Move up: the print queue is ordered by print priority. This means that the list that you can see is the actual printing order. The first object of the print queue will be printed first and the last object will be printed at last. If you press the Move up button, the selected print job will be moved up one level in the print queue.
- Move down: the print queue is ordered by print priority. This means that the list that you can see is the actual printing order. The first object of the print queue will be printed first and the last object will be printed at last. If you press the Move down button, the selected print job will be moved down one level in the print queue.